Saturday, November 2, 2013

Question #2

What Scripture has God used to speak to you about Himself, His purposes or His ways? 

I don't know if there is just one specific verse that I can nail down but I know of four that are my "go-to" spots in the Bible. 

  • Joshua 1:9 - Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
  • Isaiah 41:10 - So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
  • Philippians 4:6 - Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
I think the continuing theme of these four verses is God's continued promise to be with me. His plan includes my safety, hopes and a future. They also remind me that if I ask, God will be there to love and care for me. I am not alone in this journey of homeschooling, special needs and being an adult. When we are children, we can't wait to grow up and yet once we are adults, we wish we could occasionally be  like kids again. I am so thankful that God is there for me and that He doesn't leave me even in the times when I think the world is crashing down on my shoulders. I am blessed that he repeatedly reaches His arms to me after I stray from my faith walk and that the door is always open for me to return. 

Photo taken by me at my in-law's acreage




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails