Sunday, October 11, 2015

Thanksgiving Sunday 2015



In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
I Thessalonians 5:18

The bible tells us to give thanks in everything. The good, the bad- all of it. Quite often though it is hard to find gratitude in the everyday, mundane things of life and especially when things aren't going as smoothly as we'd like. Finding things to be thankful for in the periods of life that are a  bit rocky can be pretty difficult. I have been writing in a journal things that I am thankful for. Some of my thankfuls are a cup of hot coffee in the morning, a sunrise to wake up to, clean water to drink, a house to live in. When I stop and think of how I can be thankful, I find that any negative attitude starts to dissolve and joy refills me. I can't be angry and thankful at the same time. I can find gratitude in doing laundry because it means I have clothes to wear. I can find gratitude in cleaning up after supper because it means my family and I won't go to bed hungry. When I get thinking this way, I am reminded of how blessed I am. I have a full fridge and pantry, a home to protect me from the outside, a family who loves me, friends who care deeply and so much more. 
Although it is Thanksgiving weekend, I want to remember to be thankful every single day. God is so good to me and I am blessed beyond words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails