- With a portion of our tax return, Doug purchased tickets for us to go see Cirque De Soleil as a family. We only bought five tickets. This will be the first time that we do something of this sort without Sarah. The practical part of me knows 110% that taking her is not feasible. She would be overstimulated to the point of panicking and it would be a terrible time for both her and myself. She wouldn't be able to cope with the sounds, lights and busyness of it all. Another part of me is looking forward to an event that I don't need to pack diapers, a snack and a stroller for. I also know that the older three kids deserve this time where they are the center of attention and are visibly important to us. I suppose it's just one of the first times where, for her own well being, Sarah isn't a part of what we are doing. I do know that she will have a grand time with her friend Kayla and I am so grateful to Karen and her family for watching my little girl for the afternoon.
- Doug's parents are one week into their month long vacation. Sarah sure doesn't really care to go to their house without Gramma there.
- I have about 5 books to read. I'm part-way through three of them. I think I need to chose one to finish and get on with it. One of them requires me to be in a quiet room with a long stretch of time in front of me. It's just a little more complicated than some other ones that I've read.
- I'm glad it's the weekend. I'm hoping that we'll have some good family time together and take the opportunity to relax and connect.
- Sarah's birthday is less than a month away. She's patiently waited through three cousin birthday parties, Joshua's and Arianna's. I am excited to celebrate her and who she is. I can't believe my youngest is almost 5!
Happy Friday! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!