Wednesday, May 29, 2013

And the results are...


I just received a letter from the genetics lab. Sarah's aCGH (Microarray-based Comparative Genomic Hybridization) results were normal. 

"Many human genetic disorders result from unbalanced chromosomal abnormalities, in which there is net gain or loss of genetic material." (cited from HERE)

Sarah's testing was inconclusive, showing nothing identifiable through the testing technology. No clinically significant areas of copy gain or loss were found in the tested regions of her chromosomes. It is of course, possible that her medical concerns are still genetic, just nothing that was discoverable. 

I'm not totally sure how I feel about it since part of me was hoping that there'd be something for us to go on. I don't really like the mystery side of things and was wanting something tangible. We can go back to re-evaluate if we wish but I don't know that the stress of more blood work and the 17 months of waiting for a non-answer is what I'm wanting either.  

Just some more processing to do... 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails