Friday, May 10, 2013

Acreage Beauty

I've often claimed that I'm a city girl. I love the easy access to parks, stores and all the other conveniences that city dwelling has to offer. For the past couple days, I've spent some time helping Joshua do yard work for Doug's parents (Joshua was hired, I helped). It's quite a different world being so far away from the busy chaos of city living. One of the first things we noticed were the sounds. Birds of all varieties, including a silly woodpecker who insisted on tapping a steel roof. Even the dried leaves as they rustled along the ground could be heard with ease. Today, as we drove up to get started, we were delighted to be greeted by a momma moose and a couple of little ones. These large animals just wandered around the yard as if they owned the place with nothing more on their minds other than the fresh willow branches they were snacking on.  

It's quiet, serene and peaceful. I love that my family can experience acreage living and city life at the same time. 

*moose photo captured by Doug*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails