Monday, September 3, 2012

Daybook {09.03.12}

FOR TODAY: September 3, 2012

Outside my window... I can see the sunshine making it's presence known along our fence.  Trying to hard to warm up the earth, now that the days are getting shorter and we have less daylight.

I am thinking...how nice it was to have a nap only one hour after getting up!

I am thankful... for much.

In the kitchen... tidy but busy looking.  A few dishes left on the counter from last night but not as bad as it has been before.

I am wearing... long yoga pants and a baggy teal colored shirt.

I am creating...ways to simplify our home.

I am going...to see what else I can sell or purge as I reduce the amount of *stuff* in our house.

I am wondering... what to do today.  It's the Monday of a long weekend and the day before our school starts.  Maybe some school prep...

I am reading... The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (I just finished it this morning).  Today I'll start Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

I am hoping... for a few more nice days of summer.  I'm not quite ready for fall yet!

I am looking forward to... getting the kids' school started soon.  Not sure what day we'll get going but hopefully soon.  We did take the whole summer off, in fact, we've been "off" since early May.

I am learning... that I can't bubble wrap my children and protect them from all the hurts that the world and other people will bring them.  I can teach them how to deal with it, encourage them and promise to be on their side no matter what.  Parenting junior high kids is a whole new ball game and I am praying for wisdom as I venture into this adventure.

Around the house... tidy but lived in.

I am pondering...

Foods I won't eat... onions, eggs and nuts. 

A favorite quote for today... "To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." - Heather Cortez

One of my favorite things...sleeping kids. *love*

A few plans for the rest of the week...just school and maybe a coffee date or two

Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails