Monday, May 19, 2014

Because of Love

Doug and I have often said that a marriage is 100/100, rather than 50/50. It takes work. A lot of work. It means giving of yourself to the other person and sometimes doing something that you may not necessarily enjoy as much as your spouse.

Such was the case last night. I got on the back of Doug's motorcycle and we went for a ride. Not because I love looking at the back of a helmet or because I love the lack of ability to talk in a normal volume. But I did it because I love Doug and he loves riding his motorcycle. He has been riding on two wheels for as long as he can recall and I've heard how he received a tiny motorcycle on a stand by the time he was two. Personally, I prefer driving in our van so we can glance at each other and carry on a conversation without the wind being louder than our voices. But for an hour or so as I sat behind him, it gave me the opportunity to remember our dating years, when we did a lot of riding and a lot of driving in the '67 Mustang that somehow turned into an engagement ring.

I don't always have the deep desire to ride the motorcycle but I know that it means a lot to Doug and that's what's important.

Happy Monday. May you and your marriages be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails