Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Lights

Last year, Doug's work was really busy and so by the time Christmas rolled around, the snow had fallen, temperatures had dropped and our house was not lit up with the usual strings of lights.  In my desperation to have at least SOME lights up, I set our icicle lights up on the hedge which didn't require a staple gun or ladder.  Shortly after he had seen them, Doug promised me that he would always put lights up every year.  Since we moved only two weeks ago, I wasn't sure that we'd get lights up this year but true to his word, Doug endured the biting wind and incredible heights as he attached the festive lights to our two story house.  They make me happy.  I have had such a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit and so maybe this will be the magic that gets my fire going. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails