Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Good Day

You may or may not know that Sundays are my favorite day of the week.  You can read about it in this POST.  Today we all got up when we wanted to and then I had it in my head that we'd visit the Muttart Conservatory in Edmonton.  We only had to pay for the kids since we had a Groupon to use up. It was fun to just mosey around and check out all the new greenery since our winter has been SO long now.  After that we grabbed a bite to eat and headed home.  I put Sarah down for a nap and figured I'd grab the chance to have a sleep as well.  It's been months since I had a daytime sleep.  After I got up, Doug started on supper... it seems he makes most suppers on Sunday and I kind of enjoy the night off that way.  The steaks had been marinating for over 24 hours and so they were ready for the barbeque.  Add to that some mashed potatos, sugar snap peas and cucumbers and we've got a scrumptious meal.  Tonight we'll end our weekend watching a family movie or playing a game!  Photos from the conservatory to come later.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stepahnie!
    I found your blog by a comment you left on a homeschooling blog (contest, I believe). I don't know why I clicked on it, but I am so glad I did! I've been reading your blog for about a month, but I haven't been brave enough to leave a comment because I thought it was rather weird how I did find your blog and didn't want you to think I was a stalker...hee! Anyway, I've really been identifying with what you're going through (as a homeschooling mom of two myself). I also am a coffee addict and love the hymns. I started out as a scrapper which led to stamping and I haven't turned back. I love how you're kddping it real! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails