Saturday, May 5, 2012

Insecure Days

That is how Sarah has been all week long.  She's clingy, whiny, needy and not sleeping well.  Her remedy: to cry at my legs and hang out beside me at every waking moment.  She's behind me everywhere I turn, she follows me like a little lost puppy and has this insatiable desire to be with me and no one else will do.  I'll admit, it's been exhausting to try and satisfy her need for me in addition to schooling the kids, doing housework and staying on top of the laundry.  I had really noticed those little things pile up the past few days and honestly began to wonder if I would ever catch up.  I was soon reminded of a little quote that has a stanza that says:


The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.

Well, my laundry is {mostly} caught up.  The house is {mainly] tidy.   There is food in the fridge.  We have a roof over our heads.  And for now, I will snuggle a needy, sleeper clad toddler.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails