Monday, August 13, 2012

Daybook {08.13.12}

For today... August 13, 2012

Outside my window... the sun isn't as high a it was even a few weeks ago.  That means the days are getting longer and my precious summer is coming to an end. 

I am thinking... about my faith.  Where it was, where it is and where I want it to go. 

I am thankful... for my friends.  The ability to talk about ideas, thoughts and dreams for homeschooling, express our opinions on books or movies, share laughter and tears and always a coffee.

In the kitchen... it's messy.  One of my BIGGEST pet peeves is to wake up to an untidy kitchen and living room.  It isn't a good way to start the day by having to clean.  My goal this week: ensure the house is CLEAN before going to bed.

I am wearing... black sweat pants and a long sleeved grey tee shirt.  Must be getting cooler in the mornings.

I am creating... a craft space.  My sweet husband has sectioned off a corner of our bonus room so I can still have my own area to create.  I haven't scrapbooked in ages but I do love to make cards still.

I am going... to have a busy week.  The older three kids have VBS all week and I'm babysitting for a couple afternoons. 

I am wondering...

I am reading... The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren, Twilight Children by Torey L. Hayden

I am hoping... to get to bed early tonight.  We'll see.

I am looking forward to... starting a book/Bible study with my sister this week.  Just one more way we'll be able to connect.

I am learning... to find the greater joy in things.  Amidst the struggles that Sarah has physically, emotionally and mentally, she is a ray of sunshine that pours into my every day.  Very little

Around the house... again, the usual clutter and chaos that clearly says that six people (and a dog) live here.  It's homey but untidy.  The coffee is always on and if someone pops in unexpectedly, I will offer them a fresh cup surrounded by the *stuff* that makes the house look lived in.

I am pondering... this fall's curriculum.  I'm not 100% sure what we're doing yet but it's going to be fun and memorable.  I think I'd rather be late starting knowing that we are going to have a fantastic year than get something I regret and make us all miserable.

A favorite quote for today...

"We will fly! We will soar!
Nothing is impossible......
We will rise through the storm.
Trust in God and leaving your fears behind..
We will fly!"
(Song from the kids' VBS)

A few of my favorite things... A cup of coffee, first thing in the morning.  Bike rides.  Long visits with my sister.  Homeschooling.  Friends.  Covered porches in Alabama.  My nieces and nephews. 

A few plans for the rest of the week... the three older kids are at VBS this week so the mornings are just me and Sarah.  Not sure what we'll do together.  She'd be happy if we simply went to Sobey's for a cookie.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails