Saturday, April 5, 2014

24 Hours Later...

If you missed yesterday's post, you can find it HERE.

The morning dawned bright and early as Sarah's IV induced "nap" yesterday made her think that 3:30am was a good time to get up. I managed to stall her off for an hour but when she started to make her way downstairs, I figured I better follow. I sleepily made a coffee for me and a bowl of oatmeal for Sarah. We snuggled on the couch watching Netflix movies for the next hour.


Thankfully, she agreed with me that we could watch the same movie on my iPad in the bed. I dozed off and on till 6:30 when she decided that was enough and we made our way back downstairs, this time for good. During the morning, she was busy playing with her toys and acting very normal, although she hadn't had much to drink. She had extreme moments in the morning which consisted of either super playful or snuggling in my arms and consequently, crashed mid afternoon. We had a worship practice here this afternoon and during the music playing, she actually fell asleep in my arms.


It has been a very long time since I've had the feeling of a sleeping little person in my arms and it was pure joy.


When she woke up, she was insistent on a peanut butter sandwich and after checking with my sister in law, decided that it would be alright for her to have it. It was as if that was the boost she needed to get through the afternoon. She downed a couple cups of iced tea (whatever works!) and has been both playing and watching movies for the remainder of the day. I think she's recovering nicely although she's insisting on me being near her all the time. I think she's suffering from a slight case of post traumatic stress, which in her case is completely understandable. I am thankful that each day will arrive with a little more healing and she'll continue to feel better.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that the surgery went well. Kyle was also pretty worked up right before his surgery last year for the same reason: he didn't understand why we were there and what was going to happen. And like you, I enjoyed it when he fell asleep in my arms after the surgery. Sarah looks so peaceful in all of the pictures you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little beauty! I hope she is recovering nicely. Having such a wonderful mom as you, I'm sure she'll be back to her old self again quickly!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails