Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Pea in her Pod

Ever since our move about 10 weeks ago, Sarah has been having a tough time sleeping well at night.  By not sleeping well, I mean up at least two to four times per night.  I really don't mind getting up once (or twice) to feed and snuggle her but it was getting exhausting.  So Doug suggested we set up her tent and see what happens.  She went down at her regular time and woke up at 10:00 like she always does.  I mentally prepared myself for a long night as per the norm and drifted off to sleep.  I woke up at 3:30 (Sarah's usual time) to silence.  Being tired enough, I quickly dozed off again.  I got up that morning with the kids, got them off to school, and started the day.  Sarah slept until 8:30 in that silly tent!

The next night, I did the same, she woke up once at 10:30 and slept on until 7:30!  This is the pattern she has been following since Thursday!  My two reasons for her sleeping are 1) she can't stand up in it and 2) she can't lose her soothers.

Funny how babies have these little quirks about them.  But like Doug said to me "whatever works and gets everyone the most sleep."

                    The "Pea Pod"


This is what the tent looks like set up.  There must be something about it that makes Sarah feel secure and for now, I'm sticking with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails