Thursday, January 28, 2010

She's Not Growing Up That Fast (really)

As a parent, so often we hear how quickly our little ones are growing up.  True, the years seem to fly by but have I heard it so much that I'm perhaps forcing her to grow up faster than she wants to.  She dances with grace and poise.  She moves smoothly and gently.  When she dresses up for church, I feel like she could pass for 12 or even 14 years old.  Yet today, I left my teary 9 year old girl at school so she could practice her solo for her spring concert.  I held her in my arms and I felt like she was five years old again.  So young, small, and needing me.  She wanted to come home so badly and I needed to encourage her to finish out the day.  Did I make the right decision to make her stay?  How long will I feel bad for leaving her?  I am now watching the clock... waiting for 4:00 to roll around so she can be with me again.  Secretly, I'm even hoping Sarah will wake up early and we can get the kids from school and I can have an extra hour with them.

You are beautiful Andrea.  You are elegant.  You are growing up.  You are still so young.  I love you.

 

** Well I have all my ducklings in my pond now.  She was no worse for wear and was delighted to be home.  I can now enjoy the next four days with my kids!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails