Sunday, November 7, 2010

Can anything else go wrong...?

One week ago today, I realized my keys were missing.  The one van key and a house key.  Plus the automatic unlock/lock remote.  I don't really enjoy unlocking the door manually and it's a pain when I have a toddler on my hip and a bag or two of groceries.  After calling up a dealership, I was told it would be $135 for a new remote, $30 for a new key and at least $60 to program the remote and key to the van.  A total of $225.00.

Last weekend as I was sewing up a bib, my sewing machine stopped working right.  Something with the bobbin thread not cooperating.  I have to take it in to the store and probably expect a $100 charge to get it fixed.

The past few weeks our main TV has been acting up by taking a long time to turn on.  Well, it finally gave up this weekend.  The part that Doug thinks it needs is about $125 US, not including charges that may incur if we need to hire a repairman. 

*sigh*

2 comments:

  1. Ugh! I'm sorry, Stephanie. When it rains it pours, huh? I can totally sympathize about missing the door clicker for your van. Mine broke several months ago and it has been a complete PAIN to go with out it- especially in the rain with a toddler on your hip and bags in your hand. Have you tried eBay for a replacement? I've seen some aftermarket clickers there that were much, much cheaper! HTH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that. I hate it when financial issues pile up all at once. Praying the Lord gives you a break.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails