Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sunday's Song: How Great Thou Art



I grew up in a time when the classic hymns were sung on a weekly basis at church and over time the more modern worship songs were slowly introduced. Lately I've found a few albums on iTunes that still have the hymns but with a bit of added modernisms :) . One morning I was playing them and this song came on. Both Joshua and Arianna said how much they love this particular song. Part of me was so excited that I have been able to instil a love of these timeless songs into my children!

How Great Thou Art

Verse 1:
O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Chorus:
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

Verse 2:
When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.

Chorus

Verse 3:
And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.

Chorus

Verse 4:
When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"
Chorus

Happy Sunday! And if you live near me, stay warm, it's cold out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails