Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Mornings




Oh little girl of mine, you should not be up so early. My first thought as Sarah greeted me with her chirpy "Good morning Mum!" was not entirely happy. I was quickly frustrated knowing that my quiet time was likely not going to happen. Yet, almost instantly a voice in my head said, "Choose Joy." Feeling slightly reprimanded, I picked up my soft, fuzzy five year old and we headed down to the main floor. I turned on the Keurig and got Sarah a bowl of her "pink Cheerios". Once she was settled down with a movie and something to eat, and I with my coffee, I sat down and opened my Bible. My time with God did not need to be non existent because Sarah was around, it would just be different. 

I opened my Bible to the Psalms and read in chapter 143, verses 8 & 10. 

8) Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
    for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,  for to you I entrust my life.
10) Teach me to do your will, for you are my God.


I love how this begins with "Let the morning...". I am that morning person and it's like it was a personal note from God when I got up that he was up with me as well. What a wonderful way to begin a day with a little message from him!

"Show me the way I should go...". Parenting, homeschooling, teenagers, special needs and the list goes on. 

I need his guidance as I live my day to day life and every day I surrender my life, my family and my choices to God. As I do this, I know that I am filled with the Holy Spirit and His everlasting love. He is unfailing, he is all that I need, he is life and he is my God. 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails