Sunday, January 22, 2012

The House

I've always thought the people who lived in this house before us did the colors wrong.  Not that there's anything really the matter other than it's mixed up.  The baseboards, window trim and doors are all in a taupe-like color while the walls are white.  I love color and I love to paint but I worry that too much color against the trim and doors will look odd.  It really doesn't leave much for my imagination.  And I really don't feel up to the task of painting endless feet of baseboards and doors.  So for now, it stays that way.  When we first moved in, I was on a black and white kick and bought a lot of prints (from Ikea) that went well together.  Well, I've been hanging out on Pinterest a lot lately and seemed to have found some ideas in color that I really like.
 Before...
After!

(The bathroom isn't really yellow, it's the lighting)
I got the free printables online and the frames at Wal Mart!
 Cheap canvases covered in coordinating scrapbook paper. 
 A piece that was on clearance at Wal Mart
 My vision for the bonus room wall
I'd like to do this on the wall going up the stairs.

Anyhow, these are just some of the little things I've done.  I've tried to keep it financially friendly and even though it's far from perfect, I like how some of it is coming together.  
Oh, this is one more thing that I've printed and will frame.  Then to find the perfect home to put it on...


I really like it.  

I hope you have a fantastic Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie...I love the changes!!!! I look forward to seeing what else you come up with:) Those bathroom prints are the cutest. I saw them as well, but will not match. For now. LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails