Sunday, December 9, 2012

Daybook {12.09.12}

For today: December 9, 2012

Out my window: 
Looks like winter has settled in for the next few months.  Last night, as we drove home for a little Christmas gathering, the thermostat on the van read -28* or -18*F for my friends south of the border.  Yes.  That is cold.  REALLY cold.  Kind of makes me want to hunker down in my fleece pajamas, grab a coffee and read a book. 

From the kitchen: 
I brought up my slow cooker last week and put it to good use a few times.  It's really nice to know that supper will be ready and I don't have to think about it all day.  I've seen a couple breakfast recipes for the crock pot.  I think that may be the next thing I try. 

Around the house: 
Christmas has arrived on the main floor.  And that's all that I think I'll do this year.  This is the floor that our guests hang out on as well as the family most of the time.  I don't really see a need to do much more than that.

Reading:   
Jane Eyre, The Purpose Driven Life and Goodnight Little Pookie.  The last one is Sarah's current bedtime favorite.  In fact I have completely memorized it. 

Looking forward to: 
I'm heading down to Calgary to visit my sister this week.  A few years ago, we had baking days where we would bake all our family favorites and even dabbled in a few new recipes.  It was a day of visiting, sampling and enjoying being together.  It's been a year or two since we've done it and we are both looking forward to doing it again!

Pondering:
“Trusting God completely means having faith that He knows what is best for your life. You expect Him to keep His promises, help you with problems, and do the impossible when necessary.”
and
“God intentionally allows you to go through painful experiences to equip you for ministry to others.”
Rick Warren, The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth am I Here for?

Praying:
For family peace within our home.  That the Christmas season would be more meaningful that wondering what is under the tree.

Pictures to share:

 The quilt I made for my father in law

 This is *just* the beginning

My tree
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails