Friday, December 21, 2012

Friday's Quick Takes

1.  I am as ready for Christmas as I'm going to be.  I have a couple small things to pick up yet but I'll get those out of the way this morning.  Then I'll lock myself in my bedroom and finish off the wrapping and begin setting gifts under the tree.

2.  I am appreciating the simpler way we are doing things this year.  I read on a blog recently of how another mom and dad gave their kids presents.  "One thing they want, one thing they need, one thing to wear and one thing to read."  So I went with it.  By keeping it narrowed down to those four specific items, I didn't feel completely overwhelmed and in the end, that's all that they really need to get anyhow.  The house's decorating is also very low key.  The tree is up and adorned with ornaments, the stockings are hung and Arianna is very good at keeping the two countdown decorations up to date.  Other than that, it's not too fancy here.  I think I like it that way.

3.  I have to brag on Sarah now.  This morning now marks the fifth consecutive night that she has slept in her own bed all night without any waking.  It just happened.  No fights, no stress on either of our parts... it is wonderful.  She receives a small packet of Rocket candies first thing in the morning and it is exciting for me to know that she can understand consequences.  This is a huge developmental step for her!

4.  Doug bought me an early Christmas present.  Fleece lined bed sheets.  How. Divine.  They are so warm and cozy and I am finally not cold at night.  He must love me an awful lot if he did something like that!!

5.  Christmas is just around the corner my friends.  I am ashamed to admit that I have occasionally let the true meaning of the season slip away as I am running kids around, buying gifts, baking and even crafting.  I hope that as the next few days approach us, my family and I will remember to sit back, relax and take time to really think about why we celebrate the season. 

“While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 
 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. 
She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, 
because there was no guest room available for them.” 

1 comment:

  1. We are doing the 4 things too.. I bought some extra clothing things but at least its not toys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails