Monday, June 2, 2014

Monday's Musings


  • Joshua and I are on the countdown to the last. four. weeks. of. school. We did it. He stuck with it, even though the initial transition from traditional homeschool to a more aligned focus was rough. He's learned how to write essays, take exams and hopefully is prepared for high school in the fall. He has done so very well and I'm bursting with pride! I am also pretty proud of myself for getting him to this point. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who doubted I could do it and I feel like I've conquered the world! I have always promised that I would homeschool the kids up until grade nine and then reassess each one as they got there. I'm so thankful for the love, support and prayer of friends who helped me pull through the rough waters!
  • Andrea is done her school year and has successfully completed grade 8. She proved to be very independent and did most of her learning on her own, asking for help when needed. She's gotten a part time summer job as a helper in a day home which is keeping her quite busy but also earning some spending money. I miss her when she's gone but when she gets back home, she's just beaming with delight at how great her day was. About a month and a half to two months ago, Andrea cut her hair. Just the other day, she decided to change it up again and she went with a red color! I think it looks fabulous and she's so happy with the switch.
  • Arianna completed grade 4 last week. She required a bit more hands on but that was to be expected as she's younger. For her birthday, she had saved up and received enough money to buy an American Girl Doll. Her doll of choice was Isabelle who is the girl of the year. The excitement on her face when it arrived made the 10 days of waiting so worth it. She'll stay busy this summer with some reading, lots of playdates with friends and a week of VBS at the end of August.
  • Sarah is really fun right now. She loves her chunky wooden puzzles and created little scenarios with all the farm animals, zoo animals and other pieces. She also spends most of her day with Playmobile. It is for sure the most used toy in the house. She is consistently sleeping though the night in the bed with Arianna and I'm so glad we finally were able to get over that hurdle this winter. She's still getting up pretty early and I'm simply learning to take it in and deal with it. 
  • We were at church yesterday and something so very amazing occurred and only God can be given the glory for it. I can't go into details due to protecting privacy of people, but I'm here to say that God is at work, especially in our little church. I love the extended family they have become and I'm excited to be a part of such a growing people. I am developing my faith walk and I am looking forward to seeing what God is going to continue to do with me.

 Arianna and Isabelle.

 One of the many views I have on my daily walks. 

 Sarah got a haircut on Sunday... with some curls, I think she defines "cute".

Ephesians 1:11

In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails