Monday, May 30, 2011

All because...

I agreed to a speech assessment.  That lead to a full blown developmental assessment and three weeks later, here we are...

I saw Sarah's doctor this afternoon to see what his thoughts were regarding the assessment and such.  He hadn't received the report yet but agreed that we should continue with the remaining tests just to rule out everything.  Once we've received all the testing results, he will refer us to a pediatrician who specializes in neurological development.  I think I actually felt my heart drop at that.  I mean sure, I want the best for her and I want to do everything I can to help her catch up but I just didn't want to hear a term like neurological.  That seems big and scary to me.

My older kids are feeling the stress of me being gone so frequently lately.  Thankfully my {amazing} mother in law will hang out with them on Friday so I won't feel as guilty for leaving them on their own.  In the same breath though, I am so grateful that they are old enough to spend an hour or two at home by themselves and I have the assurance they can hold down the fort for me.

I find myself asking "where is this journey taking me?  What is the purpose of all this stress on me and my family?"  Unfortunately, I haven't received an answer yet...

2 comments:

  1. (((hugs))) and continued prayers, Stephanie for all of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. reminds me of being little & hearing my mama sigh, "sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof..."
    You're doing *good important things* - rest in the knowledge that you're held.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails