Saturday, May 14, 2011

Weekend Tid-bits

* Sarah has her assessment on Monday.  I'm not really looking forward to it.  I actually need great wisdom and strength to release my heart of anger, resentment and frustration.  I am trying very hard to remember the Bible verse I've claimed:

"Don't let your hearts be troubled. 
Trust in God, and trust also in me." 
John 14:1 (NLT)
* We attended a funeral today.  It was the first one that the kids have come to.  My poor tender hearted boy shed so many sad tears.  Our pastor's wife thanked him for crying because it almost give *permission* for the grown ups to cry.
* The funeral experience has promoted and made for many questions and discussions about death, Heaven and all sorts of other thoughts surrounding that topic.
* Doug is going through a job change... big transition for all of us.  I'm trying not to worry about how it all will play out but the pessimist in me isn't doing too well with that. 
* Sarah is 80% potty trained.  She has had just a few accidents and for the most part seems to have figured it out.  It is nice to only have to buy one package of diapers that will last us a month.
* We celebrated Arianna's 7th birthday with her friends last night.  So cute to see all these little girlies in their jammies eating ice cream and watching a movie!  I love birthdays!!
* I really like going to church on Saturday nights... makes for such relaxing Sundays.
* Sometimes being the Chairman's wife is tough.  He's always talking to someone about anything.  Once in a while, I feel very alone when we're at church and that I should have just stayed home.
* Andrea is almost done a year of voice lessons and she's become quite the singer.  I love listening to her sing and create songs of her own.
* It is 9:30 at night and I am already planning what workout I will do when I wake up and looking forward to a hot cup of coffee when I'm done.  Nice and strong with a good dollop of White Chocolate Mocha creamer in it.  Mmmmm!  How silly is that?
* Now that my May birthdays are done, I get to start planning Sarah's June birthday!  How can my baby be approaching three?  I'm on the hunt for fun and exciting party ideas for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails