Thursday, May 12, 2011

Lifestyle Change

I hesitate to use the word *diet* because I don't need my daughters thinking they need to diet.  I also don't want them thinking I don't like how I look.  I am just wanting to improve our eating habits and therefore making my family a healthier bunch.  If I lose a few pounds while I'm at it, all the better for me.  For about 4-5 weeks now, I've cut out all meats except chicken and some fish.  I've increased my vegetable intake by huge amounts and certainly feel healthier because of it.  On of my favorites is a Greek salad... kind of modified.

  • 10 grape or cherry tomatoes
  • 1/4 to 1/2 a cucumber
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • sprinkle of feta cheese (I use parmesan if I don't have feta)
  • 1 tablespoon (give or take) Greek salad dressing powder
Stir in all ingredients and gently toss.  Let it sit.  The longer it marinades, the better it gets.
A more traditional recipe would have olives and onion, neither of which I like.

I've also gotten really creative with different salads and stir fries.  The changes in how I eat have been great for how I feel about myself and I know I'm healthier because of it.  


1 comment:

  1. The last month I have just been awful with my eating habits...when I am stressed, sad, etc I eat. And eat...

    I need to get back on track. Sigh...

    This salad you posted looks yummy...I must try!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails