Friday, January 7, 2011

Library vs Television

I ended 2010 thinking my kids watch entirely too much television.  It would be {in part} my fault since I agreed to all the programming channels that we had.  I also was noticing a negative effect on the kids and how they talked to me and each other.  I wasn't liking it.  So this morning, we went to the library for the first time in YEARS!  It's cost me $15 for a card that can be used at most libraries in Alberta!  We signed out a bunch of books and we're going to re-program our heads.  More reading and less TV.


By reducing our television programming, I was able to cut our bill in almost half!  That will be such a nice treat next month.  Here's to changes in lifestyle and changing our thinking.


2 comments:

  1. Good for you!! When they start acting like people they've watched on tv, you know it's time for a change.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails