Sunday, December 8, 2013

At The End of the Day

If you click on the picture, it will open up in a larger format or you can just read it below.

At The End of the Day
by Stephanie Fidelak

At the end of the day when I've put your toys away for the 100th time
and I sigh in dismay at the messes you created

At the end of the day when I put one more load of laundry into the machine
and look longingly at the chair that I want to just sit back in

At the end of the day when I climb the stairs to get you ready for bed
and really don't want to change another diaper

At the end of the day when I put your fuzzy sleeper on
and I feel your tiny arms wrap around my neck

At the end of the day when I lay beside you 
and read the same story "again" and "again" and "again"

At the end of the day when you curl up beside me
with your tiny fist holding your soother and arms clutching your stuffed sheep

At the end of the day when your long lashes rest on your cheeks
and you give in to the call of slumber

At the end of the day as I watch sleep take over your little body
I gaze at you in wonder

At the end of the day I want to hold onto you just a little bit longer
and pray that I never forget how sweet and wonderful you are

At the end of the day when I get into my own bed
I thank God for the gift of you and remember how blessed I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails