- Although the information from Sarah's pediatrician was a bit of a blow (the whole 'two steps forward, one step back' kind of thing), I know a few things. Number 1, nothing has changed. Sarah is still Sarah and I am beyond blessed to be her mom. She is a precious gift to our family and we couldn't be luckier. Number 2, a word, label or diagnosis doesn't change anything. Not her, not how we deal with her or how we care for her. Number 3, God is in control. She is His child and whatever He has in store for her will be amazing.
- I had quite a few visits and coffee dates with friends over the past 10 days. One night we had two of our family friends come for a big pot luck supper and shared lots of food, good conversation and grand amounts of laughter. There were six adults and 12 kids altogether and everyone had a really good time.
- Christmas is just around the corner and I'm getting excited! There's not a whole lot of baking left in the house because with four kids who love sweet shortbread and the delightful layers of Nanaimo bars, it simply doesn't last long. I may be making another batch or two the day before Christmas at this rate. We bought a new tree. It's a bit narrower and seems to fit the space better. This year, I didn't use any of my "themed" ornaments. Just the ones that the kids, Doug and I have received over the years are up. It's quite nice and very different from my traditional "perfectly done up" tree. It makes me happy that I let it go this year.
- This weekend is going to be a busy one. On Saturday, we will be celebrating with Doug's parents and brother. This is so we can enjoy some quiet family time before the BIG family 'do on the 25th. Sunday's worship will be led by Doug with Andrea accompanying him on piano. After that we will be attending "Carols by Candlelight" where Doug will be doing a trombone solo and Andrea will be taking part in a skit. Sadly, Joshua has a shift that afternoon so he won't be with us for the latter event. I'm sure we will all be good and ready for a quiet evening at home when everything is done!
- It's been a refreshing week. Lots has happened and I feel a new peace upon me.