Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Pediatrician Appointment (12.04.13)

Well, if I were to anticipate anything going wrong this morning, I was not disappointed. As I like them early, Sarah's appointment was booked for 9:00 in the morning. That does mean an early start but it also means that the doctor can't be behind yet and we usually get in fairly quickly. If things go smoothly, I can be in and out and back home (driving included), in less than two hours. By 8:00, I had Arianna and Sarah in the van and we were on our way. I entered the address into my handy dandy GPS and set off. After a bit, I thought it was odd that the GPS started leading me back home and so I ignored it and continued on my way. As I approached the freeway (the Whitemud), I read the warning sign of an accident and major delays. Of course.

The GPS told me to turn off the freeway and so I did. I followed it to a tee. The only problem occurred when I didn't know how it was going to take me to where I wanted to go. I had only been down some of these roads as a passenger and felt quite intimidated and a bit worried. So, I called the one person I knew would know and could explain it to me... Doug. As he knows me so well, he gave me landmarks that I would pass, where the roads would lead and how the GPS was taking me to the office. After driving for almost an hour and a half, I finally arrived, 25 minutes late. Thankfully I wasn't the only late patient and it was all fine in the end. Once we were settled in the examining room, the usual tears began to fall. And cry she did. She didn't gain a whole lot but she doesn't eat a whole lot either. I left the appointment thankful that it was over and I was more than happy to get home.

Once I got home, I called the pediatrician's office and made a parent appointment for next Tuesday so I can discuss some other things with him. I just feel like I'm looking for more answers as to what might be going on with Sarah... more on that next week.

Weight: 33 pounds (32.5 pounds in September) 
Height: 41.5 inches (40.75 inches in September)
Head Circumference: 46.5 cm (46.2cm in September)


5 comments:

  1. ugh, sounds like an awful morning! Hope your evening has been more relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here via Love That Max. So sorry you got lost and there were major delays so you were late. I'm also sorry Sarah didn't gain much weight. Hope your parent appt will get you some answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of a parent appointment! Too bad that all can't be one of them! Sorry about the stressful drive there. Added stress sure doesn't help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if our doctors make parent appointments. I will be calling on Monday to see. I hope today is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you on the weight gain. We have to watch my son's closely. He goes to a feeding clinic regularly. I hope you got more answers at the follow-up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails