Monday, December 2, 2013

December Already?

Wow, the month of November sure flew by fast and I was caught a bit off guard when my nine year old reminded me that "it's only 25 days till Christmas!" It's right around the corner and I realize how much I need to do to get ready for that. I've been on the ball and have been buying presents since August so that task isn't so overwhelming this year. I'd love to get that all done in the next little while. I haven't done any baking this year and it's a little disappointing that with our busy schedules, my sister and I won't be able to do our big bake-a-thon together. We've been doing it since 2007 and this will be the first time since then that we're on our own. I have done absolutely no decorating in the house yet either. The main reason being is that I have two pianos in my living room. Yes, two. I'm not quite sure where I'm going to stick a tree in here yet. I guess I better get a start on things. The new year is just around the corner now as well. I'm hoping that the next 25 days before we celebrate the birth of Jesus will be peaceful and enjoyable in my home. I'm going to try to do an advent study with my kids as we try to turn our focus on the real reason of the season.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails