Friday, June 14, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Daybook

For Today - June 14, 2013


Outside my window... the world is slowly waking up. I was up before everyone today and right now the sky is overcast but no rain yet. 


I am thinking... about a certain five year old's birthday party that's coming up on Sunday. She's so excited to have "my 'Yucy, Ben and 'Wosie" come to her party. And she wants pink balloons. I am really looking forward to celebrating with her as this is the first time she really understands her birthday!



I am thankful... for the rest and relaxation of Doug's week off. He's been brewing some of his own beer and even Joshua tried his hand at bottling some root beer. We've been chilling out at his parent's acreage and we've all enjoyed the time away from the busyness of home.



In the kitchen... usual family clutter. 



I am wearing... morning clothes. A blue fluffy housecoat that reminds me of my mother in law, pajama pants and of course socks. 



I am creating... thinking of some inexpensive but fun birthday themes. I think after I post this, I'll head over to Pinterest and see what I can find there.



I am going... to try and spend some time reading today. 



I am wondering... how it will be without our Early Intervention coordinator. I'm really not looking forward to losing this service and it makes me really sad to think about saying good bye.



I am reading... Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. A really amazing book about the history of Chinese foot binding.



I am hoping... that the rainy forecast for Sunday will change and that the sun will shine instead. 



I am looking forward to... warmer summery days. June isn't always a nice month weather wise and I'm kind of done with rain and dreary days.



I am learning... to be a greater advocate for Sarah on my own. 



Around the house... tidy but lived in.



A favorite quote for today... 
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
~Isaiah 41:10

One of my favorite things... the very first cup of coffee in the morning. The second cup seldom tastes quite as good.


A few plans for the rest of the weekend... not much more than some cleaning up and working on party preparations. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails