Friday, June 7, 2013

Peace

This blog entry was formed from an idea that a pastor's wife (and also my friend) shared a short while ago. I was encouraged by what she said and decided to see what it would look like if I wrote it. She had some wonderful ideas and I felt they resounded in me as well...

Things that fill me with peace:

  • trusting God indefinitely and knowing Jesus loves me no matter what I do or how often I fall away
  • knowing that my family loves me (immediate and extended)
  • having Doug assure me over (and over) that he loves me unconditionally
  • continuing to realize that I am worth it and I need to take care of myself
  • my friends who are always there to encourage and support me

Things that take peace from me:
  • fear of the unknown, especially for Sarah
  • holding onto broken relationships 
  • not forgiving those who have hurt me, whether they know it or not
  • dwelling on negatives areas of my life
I want to thank Elizabeth for planting the idea in my head, heart and blog. I need to spend more time in peaceful and prayerful meditation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails