Saturday, April 13, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Gluten Free

I woke up on this cool snowy morning with the desire to bake something sweet. With chocolate. Maybe I just wanted something to comfort me and my family as we watch the flurries continue to fall. So here's what I baked today!

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 ½ cups butter (or margarine)
1 ½ cups brown sugar
¾ cup white sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla
3 eggs or egg substitute
2 cups brown rice flour
1½ cups arrowroot flour
¼ cup finely ground flaxseed
1½ teaspoons xanthan gum
1½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups chocolate chips

Cream the butter and sugars until creamy. Add vanilla and eggs, mix together until blended in. In another bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. 
Add to butter/sugar mixture and mix. 
Add chocolate chips.  

Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. 

Notes:
  • Because of the arrowroot flour, these will be flat cookies with an aftertaste similar to that of shortbread cookies. Not a bad thing, just so you know.  
  • I did have to add a little extra flour because the dough was a little sticky
  • I chilled the dough balls before baking
  • They won't last long in this house. They are soft and delicious!


Please feel free to try the recipe out and even blog about it yourself. If you do, just link back to me and let me know what you thought!


Copyright: homeschoolingmomof4©

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails