Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday's Randomness...

So here's a few things random that I'm sharing with you.

  1. We have successfully finished week three of homeschooling. Joshua's school has taken a different turn this year as he's gone from traditional to a more aligned format. He's doing three classes online and it certainly has been a learning curve for both of us. There's a lot of figuring out with the computers and of course being accountable to someone else is new as well. I think overall, it will be a very good year. Andrea and Arianna are both traditional and we've slowly eased into it for them as well. Andrea is very independent and does all of her stuff in her room and checks in with me a few times a day. 
  2. Sarah saw the dentist last week. In case you missed that dramatic event, you can read about it HERE.
  3. The season of summer is slowly slipping away like sand through my fingers. The other morning I had to turn the furnace on for a short while to warm up the main floor. When I get up with Sarah now, it's still dark outside. I don't mind fall entirely. The changes in the leaves are amazing and I look forward to doing our family pictures in a week or so. Fall means evenings curled up reading a book under a blanket and drinking hot drinks with the kids. 
  4. I'm glad it's Friday. This morning we went to a homeschooling picnic to meet Joshua's online teachers... to see the faces behind the computer monitor. This afternoon I had a MUCH better FSCD meeting than last year. My case worker was easy to talk to, listened to what I had to say and was really encouraging.
  5. Tonight Andrea is going to youth retreat for the whole weekend with our church. Joshua is working all weekend which means Saturday and Sunday will be with just the two littlest girls! It'll be pretty quiet without the two big kids around...
Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails